Football season is here along with chilly weather, favorite sweatshirts and tailgating. If you are looking for the perfect recipe for your next tailgate, try the Ferryman's Favorite Sandwich; A coffee crusted and slow roasted shredded pork sandwich. The dry spice rub made with coffee from Relax, It's Just Coffee! combined with the Ferryman Oatmeal Milk Stout creates a rich earthy and smoky flavor perfect to share or enjoy on these cooler fall nights!
1/2 Cup of your favorite Grounds from Relax, It's Just Coffee
1/2 t salt
1 t pepper
2 T Moroccan Ras el Hanout Seasoning
FOR THE ROAST:
3-4 lb Pork tenderloin or Pork Butt roast
1-2 pints of the Ferryman (More if you are drinking it too)
2 T Olive Oil
1 T Moroccan Ras el Hanout Seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a clean bowl, mix all of the dry rub ingredients together.
2. Dry rub all sides of the pork with the dry rub coffee mixture.
3.Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet on medium-high heat and sear both sides of the pork for 3-5 minutes.
4. Put the roast into your slow cooker and fill the roaster with Ferryman up to 3/4 of the roast. Stir in the rest of the Moroccan seasoning.
5. Cover and cook on low in the Ferryman Oatmeal Milk Stout for the next 6-8 hours or until tender.
6. If you have any Ferryman left, enjoy it while you wait.
7. Remove the roast, allow to slightly cool and shred the pork. and serve with your favorite BBQ sauce and cheese.
8. Suggested sides: Kettle chips and Cole Slaw, Ferryman Oatmeal Milk Stout and 5 Guinea ESB